The digital library makes possible, by way of integration, the access, search, view and utilization of digitized information from interconnected subsystems, installed in various geographic locations.
Subsystems of the digital library
Through the digital library's subsystems, users within the University network can:
- Search the Library Catalogue (users outside the University network can access the Library Catalogue through WebOpac.
- Search the audio-visual collection.
- Access the full text of 30.000 electronic journals.
- Search the content of 230 databases.
- Access to the full text of 50.000 e-book titles.
- Connect to 200.000 e-books from 100 free collections on the Web.
- Search and access digitized Doctoral Dissertations.
- Search the Serials Union Catalogue of Greek Scientific Libraries in order to obtain articles through the Greek Libraries Inter-Library Loan Network.