Full access to the e-books collection (192,023 titles) is possible only from within the University of Cyprus network.
For questions or more information you may contact Aleca Spyrou, tel. 00357 22892043.
- Brill's New Pauly / Der Neue Pauly
- EBL Ebook Library
full text to 38 titles of e-books. To gain access to the ebooks you must create an account while you are connected to the campus network.
- EBSCO eBook Collection
The UCY Library, in cooperation with other academic libraries in Cyprus, offers access to the full text to more than 117.000 electronic books through the EBSCOhost platform. Guidelines.
- Elsevier e-books - via HEAL-Link
- Elsevier Book Series
full text to approximately 170 titles of Book series.
- Elsevier Handbooks
full text to approximately 20 titles of handbooks.
- Elsevier Reference Works
full text to 58 titles of encyclopaedias.
- Referex Engineering [Searchable via OPAC]
full text to approximately 400 titles of electronic books of Chemical Petrochemical and Process Collection, Electronics and Electrical Collection, Mechanical and Materials Collection.
- Emerald eBook Series
Full text to 116 titles (nearly 884 volumes) of two eBook Series Collections on:
- Business Management & Economics
- Social Sciences
- IEEE Proceedings - via HEAL-Link
full text to more than 450 titles of conference proceedings.
Martinus Nijhoff E-Books Collections
- Collected Courses / Recueil des Cours
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law
- International Law
- NetLibrary (See EBSCO eBook Collection)
- Royal Society of Chemistry eBook Collection - «supported by the RPF and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) via NEAYPODOMH/NEKYP/0308/02» [Searchable via OPAC]
The RSC eBook Collection allows access and download to more than 850 new and existing books published by the RSC, covering the years 1968-2009. The collection covers all areas of the chemical sciences from core chemistry and food science to emerging areas like nanoscience and biosciences.
- Safari Books Online (Safari Business & Tech Books Combined)
It offers students, lecturers, programmers, IT managers fast, easy online access to 25,405 of the leading professional IT books, unavailable to libraries from elsewhere in electronic form.
- Springer Full eBook Package (Copyright Years 2005-2012) - via HEAL-Link
full text to more than 41,500 titles of electronic books containig monographs, book series and reference works (encyclopedias, atlases, handbooks etc.)
- SpringerLink Book Series - via HEAL-Link
full text to 104 series titles
- Taylor & Francis Group eBooks - via HEAL-Link
full text to approximately 506 titles of electronic books related to Archaeology, Classical studies.
- WILEY InterScience [Searchable via OPAC]
full text to approximately 690 titles of electronic books
- Grove Art
full text of dictionaries «The Dictionary of Art» and «The Oxford Companion to Western Art», with more than 1500 art designs.
- Grove Music
full text of dictionaries «The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians», «The New Grove Dictionary of Opera» and «The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz», with more than 500 sound samples of Grove.
- Oxford Reference Online
full text of more than 100 dictionaries, encyclopaedias and other reference reports of Oxford University Press.
- Απομνημονεύματα του στρατηγού Μακρυγιάννη
- ΘΗΣΑΥΡΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΩΝ - ΑΛΛ' Ω ΜΑΚΑΡΙΟΙ ΕΣΤΙ ΜΕΝ ΟΥΝ ΕΛΛΑΣ ΚΑΙ Η ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΑ. ΟΙ ΒΑΡΔΑΡΙΤΕΣ ΔΕΝ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΕΣ / ΜΗΝΑΣ Ι. ΔΟΓΑΣ. ISBN:978-960-930631-7.
- Κύπρος: Η Λεηλασία ενός πολιτισμού
- ΜΕ ΠΛΑΣΤΗ ΤΑΥΤΟΤΗΤΑ - Ο ΑΝΑΞΙΟΠΟΙΗΤΟΣ ΘΗΣΑΥΡΟΣ ΤΩΝ ΑΡΧΑΙΩΝ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΩΝ ΟΝΟΜΑΤΩΝ ΚΑΙ ΤΟ ΤΕΡΑΤΟΜΟΡΦΟ ΥΠΟΚΑΤΑΣΤΑΤΟ ΤΟΥ / ΧΑΡΙΛΑΟΣ ΔΗΜΗΤΡΑΚΟΠΟΥΛΟΣ. ISBN:960-8358-21-3.
- Ψηφιακές Συλλογές Σπάνιων Βιβλίων της Κυπριακής Βιβλιοθήκης
- Autonomy, Responsibility, and Health Care :Critical Reflections / edited by Bogdan Olaru. - publication date:February, 01, 2009. Language: English and German. ISBN:978-973-1997-17-9.
- Business Ethics: Critical Perspectives on Business and Management / [edited by] Alan Malachowski. - London ; New York : Routledge, 2001.
- The dawn of civilization : Egypt and Chaldæa (1894) / Maspero, G. (Gaston); Sayce, A. H. (Archibald Henry). - London : Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge.
- Geschichte des osmanischen Reiches in Europa (1840), Volume 1 / Zinkeisen, Johann Wilhelm, Möller, Johannes Heinrich. - Hamburg F. Perthes, 1840.
- Geschichte des osmanischen Reiches in Europa (1840), Volume 2 / Zinkeisen, Johann Wilhelm, Möller, Johannes Heinrich. - Hamburg F. Perthes, 1840.
- Geschichte des osmanischen Reiches in Europa (1840), Volume 3 / Zinkeisen, Johann Wilhelm, Möller, Johannes Heinrich. - Hamburg F. Perthes, 1840.
- Geschichte des osmanischen Reiches in Europa (1840), Volume 4 / Zinkeisen, Johann Wilhelm, Möller, Johannes Heinrich. - Hamburg F. Perthes, 1840.
- Geschichte des osmanischen Reiches in Europa (1840), Volume 5 / Zinkeisen, Johann Wilhelm, Möller, Johannes Heinrich. - Hamburg F. Perthes, 1840.
- Geschichte des osmanischen Reiches in Europa (1840), Volume 6 / Zinkeisen, Johann Wilhelm, Möller, Johannes Heinrich. - Hamburg F. Perthes, 1840.
- Geschichte des osmanischen Reiches in Europa (1840), Volume 7 / Zinkeisen, Johann Wilhelm, Möller, Johannes Heinrich. - Hamburg F. Perthes, 1840.
- Histoire ancienne des peuples de l'Orient classique (1895) / Maspero, G. (Gaston). - Paris, Hachette et cie, 1895.
- The History of the Assassins: Derived from Oriental Sources (1835) / Joseph Hammer-Purgstall, Oswald Charles Wood. - Smith and Elder, 1835.
- The Impact of Information and Communications Technologies on the Teaching of Foreign Languages and on the Role of Teachers of Foreign Languages a report commissioned / by the Directorate General of Education and Culture. International Certificate Conference.
- Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data (JPCRD) Monographs
- Spectral Data for Highly Ionized Atoms: Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Kr, and Mo / T. Shirai, J. Sugar, A. Musgrove, W.L. Wiese, '' JPCRD Monograph No. 8, 632 pages, (2000). (49.29 MB)
- NIST-JANAF THERMOCHEMICAL TABLES / by M. W. Chase, Jr. Fourth Edition, Monograph 9 (Part I and Part II) (1998), 1963 pp. (228.40 MB)
- ATOMIC TRANSITION PROBABILITIES OF CARBON, NITROGEN, AND OXYGEN / by W. L. Wiese, J. R. Fuhr, and T. M. Deters. (Monograph No. 7) 1996, 522 pp. (54.19 MB)
- HEAT CAPACITY OF LIQUIDS; VOLUMES 1 AND 2 / by M. Zabransky, V. Ruzicka Jr., V. Majer, and E. S. Domalski. (Monograph No. 6) 1996, Vol. 1 813 pp. Vol. 2, 782 pp. (118.88 MB)
- ATLAS OF SURFACE STRUCTURES; VOLUMES 1A AND 1B / by P. R. Watson, M. A. Van Hove, and K. Hermann. (Monograph No. 5) 1994, Vol. 1A 907 pp. Vol. 1B, 343 pp. (102.09 MB)
- ATLAS OF THE VACUUM ULTRAVIOLET EMISSION SPECTRUM OF MOLECULAR HYDROGEN / by Jean Yves Roncin and Francoise Launay. (Monograph No. 4) 1994, 417 pp. (36.39 MB)
- VIBRATIONAL AND ELECTRONIC ENERGY LEVELS OF POLYATOMIC TRANSIENT MOLECULES / by Marilyn E. Jacox. (Monograph No. 3) 1994, 461 pp. (44.62 MB)
- GAS-PHASE TROPOSPHERIC CHEMISTRY OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS / by Roger Atkinson. (Monograph No. 2) 1994, 215 pp. (25.10 MB)
- KINETICS AND MECHANISMS OF THE GAS-PHASE REACTIONS OF THE HYDROXYL RADICAL WITH ORGANIC COMPOUNDS / by Roger Atkinson. (Monograph No. 1) 1989, 246 pp. (12.36 MB)
- Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data (JPCRD) Supplements
- ATOMIC TRANSITION PROBABILITIES IRON THROUGH NICKEL / by J. R. Fuhr, G. A. Martin, and W. L. Wiese. (Supplement No. 4 to Volume 17) 1988, 504 pp. (37.98MB)
- ATOMIC TRANSITION PROBABILITIES SCANDIUM THROUGH MANGANESE / by G. A. Martin, J. R. Fuhr, and W. L. Wiese. (Supplement No. 3 to Volume 17) 1988, 523 pp. (42.03 MB)
- THERMODYNAMIC AND TRANSPORT PROPERTIES FOR MOLTEN SALTS; CORRELATED EQUATIONS FOR CRITICALLY EVALUATED DENSITY, SURFACE TENSION ELECTRICAL CONDUCTANCE, AND VISCOSITY DATA / by George J. Janz (Supplement No. 2 to Volume 17) 1988, 320 pp. (25.60 MB)
- GAS-PHASE ION AND NEUTRAL THERMOCHEMISTRY / by S. G. Lias, John E. Bartmess, J. F. Liebman, J. L. Holmes, R. D. Levin, and W. G. Mallard (Supplement No. 1 to Volume 17) 1988, 872 pp. (61.97 MB)
- ATOMIC AND IONIC SPECTRUM LINES BELOW 2000 ANGSTROMS; HYDROGEN THROUGH KRYPTON / by Raymond L. Kelly (Supplement No. 1 to Volume 16) 1987, 1689 pp, 3 volumes. (85.02 MB)
- ATOMIC ENERGY LEVELS OF THE IRON-PERIOD ELEMENTS, POTASSIUM THROUGH NICKEL / by J. Sugar and C. Corliss, (Supplement No. 2 to Volume 14) 1985, 664 pp. (85.02 MB)
- JANAF Thermochemical Tables / 'M. W. Chase, C. A. Daives, J. R. Downey, D. J. Frurip, R. A. McDonald, and A. N. Syverud, JPCRD 14, Supplement No. 1, Third Edition, 1856 pages (1985). (122.29MB)
- HEAT CAPACITIES AND ENTROPIES OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS IN THE CONDENSED PHASE / by E. S. Domalski, W. H. Evans, and E. D. Hearing (Supplement No. 1 to Volume 13) 1984, 288 pp. (31.06 MB)
- THERMOPHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF FLUIDS, 1. ARGON, ETHYLENE, PARAPHYDROGEN, NITROGEN, NITROGEN TRIFLUORIDE, AND OXYGEN / by B. A. Younglove (Supplement No. 1 to Volume 11) 1982, 368 pp. (22.21 MB)
- The NBS Tables of Chemical Thermodynamic properties selected values for inorganic and C1 C2 organic substance in SI units / D. D. Wagman, W.H. Evans, V.B. Parker, R. H. Schumm, I.Halow, S. M. Bailey, K. L. Churney, and R. L. Nuttall, (Supplement No. 2 to Volume 11) 1982. (16.96 MB)
- EVALUATED KINETIC DATA FOR HIGH TEMPERATURE REACTIONS; VOLUME 4, HOMOGENEOUS GAS PHASE REACTIONS OF HALOGEN AND CYANIDE CONTAINING SPECIES / by D. L. Baulch, J. Duxbury, S. J. Grant, and D. C. Montague, (Supplement No. 1 to Volume 10) 1981, 721 pp. (26.71 MB)
- Energetics of Gaseous Ions / H. M. Rosenstock, K. Draxl, B.W. Steiner, and J. T. Herron, JPCRD Vol. 6, Supplement No. 1, 783 pages (1977). (25.18 MB)
- Thermal Conductivity of the Elements: A Comprehensive Review / C. Y. Ho, R. W. Powell, and P. E. Liley, JPCRD Vol. 3, Supplement No. 1, 796 pages (1974). (39.15 MB)
- Physical and Thermodynamic Properties of Aliphatic Alcohols / R. C. Wilhoit and B. J. Zwolinski, JPCRD Vol. 2, Supplement No. 1, 420 pages (1973). (21.75 MB)
- Language learning online : theory and practice in the ESL and L2 computer classroom / edited by Janet Swaffar, Susan Romano, Philip Markley, Katherine Arens. - Austin : Labyrinth Publications, c1998. - 200 p. : ill. ; 23 cm. - ISBN 1891430114 (pbk.), 1891430122 (electronic format).
- Papyrus grecs d'époque byzantine (1911), volum 1 / Maspero, Jean; Egypt. Maslahat al-Athar; Maspero, G. (Gaston). - Le Caire : Impr. de l'Institut français d'archéologie orientale.
- Papyrus grecs d'époque byzantine (1911), volum 2 / Maspero, Jean; Egypt. Maslahat al-Athar; Maspero, G. (Gaston). - Le Caire : Impr. de l'Institut français d'archéologie orientale.
- Papyrus grecs d'époque byzantine (1911), volum 3 / Maspero, Jean; Egypt. Maslahat al-Athar; Maspero, G. (Gaston). - Le Caire : Impr. de l'Institut français d'archéologie orientale.
- Parliament and democracy in the twenty-first century : a guide to good practice / David Beetham; [cover and illustrations by Aloys Lolo]. - Geneva : Inter-Parliamentary Union, 2006. - xii, 215,  p. : ill., tables ; 23 cm. - ISBN 9291422975.
- The struggle of the nations - Egypt, Syria, and Assyria (1896) / Maspero, G. (Gaston). - London : S.P.C.K.
- Washback in language testing / Kathleen M. Bailey. - Princeton, N.J. (P.O. Box 6155, Princeton 08541-6155) : Educational Testing Service, c1999. (TOEFL monograph series ; MS-15). - vii, 54 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- 24γράμματα. Εδομαδιαίο Περιοδικό Πολιτισμού
- British Library posts Greek manuscripts to Web
- e-books shop
Free access to works by great masters of modern Greek literature, such as A. Valaoritis, G. Vizyinos, D. Vyzantios, I. Dragoumis, C. Theotokis, A. Karkavitsas, I. Kondylakis, V. Cornaros, A. Moraitides and A. Papadiamantis.
- Free ebooks
- Open Book
- ΑΘΗΝΑ - Ακαδημία Αθηνών (select: ATHINA - Academy of Athens)
Access to the full text of 4.000 monographs and academic announcements on all academic fields. Lectures of general interest, anniversary speeches, simplified science speeches, biographies of individuals in the arts and sciences, book reviews, biographic notes of academicians, foreign partners and members of the Academy of Athens. Analyses and proposals on the most significant economic, archaeological, medical, social, philosophical, philological and mathematical issues that were raised in Greece since 1926. Includes texts by the most important figures in 20th century Greece, such as Palamas, Drosinis, Phokion Negris, Karathodoris, Aiginitis, Remoundos, Zengelis, Marinatos, Alevizatos, P. Kanellopoulos, Tsatsos, Kasimatis, Geroulanos, X. Zolotas, I. Theodorakopoulos and others.
- Ανδρέας Εμπειρίκος 2001 (Andreas Empirikos 2001)
Includes biography, poems, manuscripts of Andreas Empirikos.
- Ανέμη - Ψηφιακή Βιβλιοθήκη Νεοελληνικών Σπουδών (Anemi Digital Library)
Anemi Digital Library offers to the Internet user, free access of its rich bibliographical database about the Modern Greek Literature. It provides the possibility to browse electronically, a considerable amount of old and rare items, as well as newer publications where authors have allowed both digitization and their free access through internet. ANEMI is composed of four distinct digital collections: Neollinistis, Greek Digital Bibliography 1476-1900, Travel Literature, Markos Mousouros.
- Ο Βαυαρικός Φιλελληνισμός μέσα από τον Βιλχελμ Μύλλερ (1794-1827) (Wilhelm Müller's (1794-1827) Bavarian philhellenism) by Christina Stratigopoulou
- Εθνική Βιβλιοθήκη της Ελλάδος - Επιστημονικές Επετηρίδες των Πανεπιστημίων Αθηνών και Θεσσαλονίκης, έτη 1925-1997(National Library of Greece - Academic Yearbooks of the Universities of Athens and Thessaloniki, 1925-1997)
Provides access to all articles included in the yearbooks of the Universities of Athens and Thessaloniki from 1925 to 1997.
- Βικιπαίδεια - Η ελληνική εγκυκλοπαίδεια
The Greek version of Wikipedia Ελληνική Αρχειακή Εταιρεία "Διεθνές Πρότυπο Αρχειακής Περιγραφής"
Greek Archival Society - Translation of "General International Standard Archival Description ISAD (G)", 2nd ed.
- Ελληνική Αρχειακή Εταιρεία "Κώδικας δεοντολογίας των αρχειονόμων"
Greek Archival Society - Code of ethics for archivists (translated from English).
- Ελληνική Αρχειακή Εταιρεία "Οδηγός ιδιωτικών αρχείων"
Greek Archival Society - Directory of private archives.
- Ελληνομνήμων - Ψηφιακή Βιβλιοθήκη (Hellenomnemon - Digital Library)
Contains more than 200 volumes of scientific and philosophical works of the 18th century . Aims to facilitate research on the history of thought in the specific period.
- Θράκη Γη του Ορφέα (Thrace Land of Orpheus)
Contains 300 electronic books on the region of Thrace.
- ΙΑΕΝ - Ιστορικό Αρχείο Ελληνικής Νεολαίας
- Κ. Π. Καβάφης - Ο Επίσημος Δικτυακός Τόπος του Αρχείου Καβάφη (C. P. Cavafy - The Official Website of the Cavavy archive)
It contains all of Cavafy’s major works in the translation of Edmund Keeley and Philip Sherrard (edited by G.P. Savidis), plus select alternative translations. It also contains a wealth of unpublished material from the poet’s Archive, plus a Cavafy Companion section and up-to-date information on Cavafy’s seminal presence in today’s world, as seen through the web.
- Ktisis.org Contains works by Cypriot authors, tales and proverbs of Cyprus, glossary of the dialect, as well as photographs.
- Κύπρος: Η Λεηλασία ενός πολιτισμού
- Κωνσταντίνος Καβάφης (Constantine Cavafy)
Contains poems by Constantine Cavafy.
- Κώστας Καρυωτάκης (Kostas Karyotakis)
A website dedicated to Greek poet Kostas Karyotakis who left a strong impact on a whole generation . Includes biography, poems, prose, essays, translations, photographs and chronology.
- The Arts Cycle - The John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation (Electronic Library)
Digital library of the Church of Greece.
- Ν. Εγγονόπουλος (N. Eggonopoulos)
Includes biography, poetry and paintings by Nikos Eggonopoulos.
- Σπουδαστήριο Νέου Ελληνισμού (Center for Neo-Hellenic Studies)
This website is dedicated to Modern Greek literature . It includes biography notes pf C.Th. Dimaras and G.P. Savvidis, as well as list of their works . It also includes pages on the Cavafy Archives, which contain biography note, list of works, text of poetry and prose, scanned manuscripts, audio files (poetry recital), photographs and bibliography. Works by modern Greek authors are included in an anthology, sorted alphabetically by author.
- Abraham Lincoln Papers at the Library of Congress
The complete Abraham Lincoln Papers at the Library of Congress consists of approximately 20,000 documents. The collection is organized into three "General Correspondence" series which include incoming and outgoing correspondence and enclosures, drafts of speeches, and notes and printed material. Most of the 20,000 items are from the 1850s through Lincoln's presidential years, 1860-65.
- ABU : la Bibliothèque Universelle
Texts of French literature.
- African American Women Writers of the 19th Century (52 works)
African American Women Writers of the 19th Century is a digital collection of some 52 published works by 19th century black women writers. A part of the Digital Schomburg, this collection provides access to the thought, perspectives and creative abilities of black women as captured in books and pamphlets published prior to 1920. A full text database of these 19th and early 20th century titles, this digital library is keyword-searchable.
- Albert Einstein Online
- Alex Catalogue of Electronic Texts
A collection of American and English literature, as well as of Western philosophy.
- Algunos Enlaces literarios @ Globe-Gate
Links to literature in the Spanish language.
- American and English literature as well as Western philosophy.
- American Folklore Society
Database that serves research in American folklore.
- American Memory (Library of Congress database of 90 digital historical collections)
American Memory provides free and open access through the Internet to written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music that document the American experience.
- Antique Books - Library (searchable, readable digital editions)
Full-text books covering topics such as modern British history, natural history, geography, astronomy, meteorology and world history.
- Archive for the History of Economic Thought [e-text repository, McMaster University]
Archives containing material on the study of history of economic though. Includes studies on primary sources and authors.
- Athena - Authors and Texts : Access to 10.000 books (philosophy, science, classics, literature, history, economics, etc.).
- Australian Literary and Historical Texts
Australian literary and historic texts of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Australian Literature on the Internet
Works of literature by Australian authors. Includes an abundance of information and sources on Australian literatur.
- Austrian Literature Online
Database that provides access to the full text of the most important works of Austrian literature.
- The Avalon Project at the Yale Law School Documents in Law, History and Diplomacy
Database on law, history and diplomacy of the 18th-20th centuries. Can be searched by author, subject or title.
- Bartleby.com: Great Books Online
Classic works of literature, nonfiction, and reference.
- The Bertrand Russell Archives
A website of McMaster University dedicated to the works of British philosopher and essayist Bertrand Russell (1872-1970).
- Bibliotheca Augustana
Classic European (mainly) works in original language or Latin, indexed chronologically and alphabetically by author. The website is in Latin.
- Biblioteca dei Classici della Letteratura Italiana
Classic Italian works of literature.
- Biblioteca digitale di Mediamente Rai
Material in Italian on cinema, culture, philosophy, the Internet, various issues.
- Bibliotheca Latina
Latin texts. Topics include literature, language and religion.
- Biblioteca Virtual Miguel Cervantes
More than 3.000 e-books of literature, mainly in Spanish, but in other languages as well.
- British Library Digitised Manuscript
- British Library: Shakespeare in quarto
- Books in the Victorian Web
Miscellaneous Victorian texts.
- Cambridge History
- Commonwealth of Learning (COL)
- The Complete Works of Christopher Marlowe: An Electronic Edition
- Complete works of William Shakespeare
- Complete works of William Shakespeare
Contains open access books that meet academic standards.
An archive of texts of Italian poetry, from its origins until Dante.
Contains classic literature books.
- Electronic Text Center at the University of Virginia
- The English server fiction collection
Texts of literature and sources provided by the members of the English server fiction collection and other collections on the Web.
Various sources on art, architecture, aesthetics, literature, culture, education, history, etc. intending to serve students and Universities.
- The Etext archives
Home to electronic texts of all kinds, from the sacred to the profane, from the political to the personal
- EU Bookshop
EU Bookshop is an online service giving access to publications from the EU institutions, agencies and other bodies. In addition to the online bookshop, this service will offer an online catalogue and archive of all EU publications. Also, it offers free access to a number of publications.
- Free books (Includes Free Audio Books)
- FREE computer internet online books
Access to more than 1.270 books and 100 journals on computer science and the Internet. Information on new publications that are included in the collection.
- Free ebooks
- Free Medical Books (Amedeo)
Free access to the full text of 600 books in several languages, mainly in the field of biomedical sciences.
Digital collection from the Bibliothèque Nationale de France (over 80.000 works).
- Galileo Galilei's Notes on Motion
- Electronic representation of Galileo's manuscript Ms. Gal. 72
- Gaskell Web: E-texts
- Gizmos Freeware
391 Places for Free Books Online
- Google Blog
- Great Books Index
An index to online great books in English translation. Authors included (among others): Aeschylus, Apollonius, Aristotle, Marcus Aurelius, Dewey, Dickens, Dostoevsky, Einstein, George Eliot, T.S. Eliot, Euripides, Joyce, Kafka, Kant, Moliere, Virgil, Voltaire and Woolf.
- HARPA (Medieval Icelandic Literature.
- Humanities Text Initiative
The Humanities Text Initiative, a unit of the University of Michigan's Digital Library Production Service, is an umbrella organization for the creation, delivery, and maintenance of electronic texts in the area of humanities.
- Index of Native American Electronic Text Resources on the Internet
- Indiana University - Digital Library Program
Access to a broad range of digital library resources, including full-text online databases, faculty research, classroom materials, multimedia digital resources, electronic journals, and digital libraries from all over the world.
- International Children´s Digital Library
A collection of more than 10,000 books in at least 100 languages that is freely available to children, teachers, librarians, parents, and scholars.
- Internet Archive
Digitized books available from international libraries open-access archives.
- Internet Classics Archive
- Contains 400 texts of classical Greek and Latin literature translated into English.
- Internet Library of free ebooks and best sites
A collection of e-books and links that covers many areas, such as computers, engineering, medicine, physics, biology, humanities, classics and literature.
- Internet Sacred Text Archive
Archive of electronic texts about religion, mythology, legends and folklore, and occult and esoteric topics. Texts are presented in English translation and, in some cases, in the original language .
- Jane Austen's Writings
Texts of and about works of Jane Austen.
- John Milton's A Maske or Comus
Provides scholarly resources for the study of John Milton's A Maske, or Comus and explores the ways in which humanities scholarship and technology can interact to the benefit of both.
- LIBRO - Library of Iberian Resources Online
A project about the peoples and nations of the Iberian peninsula. Contains recent, but out-of-print university press monographs, as well as a number of basic texts and sources in translation. These are presented in full-text format and reproduce all the matter included in the original print version. The collection focuses upon peninsular history from the 15th to the 17th centuries.
- Librodot.com - Libros electrónicos en español)
Online books in Spanish.
- Literature online English corpus (LION)
A collection of literature in English, comprising poetry from 600 to the present, drama from 1280 to 1915 and prose from 1500 to 1900. It currently includes more than 175,000 individual works .
- Malaspina Great Books Home Page Covers the following areas: sciences, art, theatre, literature, history, music and cinema.
- MARABU (Manhheimer Texte Online) (Books -- fulltexts) and E-Texts
Selected texts from rare books and manuscripts.
Contains the text of old books the copyright of which has expired. Most were written in the early 20th century and some in the 19th.
- National Academy Press
- Free access to more than 4.000 e-books..
- New Advent
Sources and texts on the Catholic Church.
- Newton Papers (Cambridge Digital Library)
- 19th-Century German Stories
German stories from the 19th century. Almost all stories are available in both German and English.
- Nouvelles Cuentos Short Stories
Links to short stories in French and Spanish.
- Old English Pages
An encyclopedic compendium of resources for the study of Old English and Anglo-Saxon England.
- The Online Books Page
Free access to more than 20.000 online books in a broad spectrum of subjects.
- Online Medieval & Classical Library
A collection of some of the most important literary works of Classical and Medieval civilization.
- Open Directory Project -- Arts -- Online writing
- ORB Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies
Electronic sources on Medieval studies. Includes the ORB Encyclopedia, the ORB Textbook Library, the ORB Reference Shelf, resources for teaching, material of general interest, external links, e-texts.
- La página de los cuentos
Contains short stories by Julio Cortázar and Mario Benedetti, as well as 50 stories by other authros.
- Penn CCAT Text Archives
The material of the " Center for Computer Analysis for Texts" includes a broad list of works of literature from classics to medieval and modern period, as well as texts on history and religion .
- Perseus Texts
Translation of many classical works of literature and humanities.
- The Piers Plowman Electronic Archive
A multi-level, hyper-textually linked electronic archive of the textual tradition of all three versions of the fourteenth-century allegorical dream vision Piers Plowman (14th century ).
- Philosophers - Björn's Guide to Philosophy
- The Poetry Archives
Online access to thousands of classical poems.
- Project Gutenberg
Important books online, mainly literature. The Internet's oldest producer of FREE electronic books.
- Projekt Gutenberg.de
- Project Runeberg
- Nordic literature online since 1992. More than 350 titles, mostly in the Swedish language.
- Project Wittenberg
Works by and about Martin Luther and other Lutherans.
- Projecto Vercial
Sources on Portuguese literature.
- Publichnaia elektronnaia biblioteka
- Links to Russian literary texts (in Russian).
More than 5,200 texts (books, articles, chapters). Topics include Old and New Testament, Theology, Ethics, History and Sociology of Religion, Communication and Cultural Studies, Pastoral Care, Counseling, Homiletics, Worship, Missions and Religious Education.
- Religious Studies Web Guide - Electronic Texts
A guide to religious studies. Links to electronic texts on several religions.
- Renaissance Editions - An Online Repository of Works Printed in English
An online repository of works printed in English between the years 1477 and 1799.
- Renaissance Electronic Texts (University of Toronto)
A series of old-spelling, SGML-encoded editions of early individual copies of English Renaissance books and manuscripts, and of plain transcriptions of such works, published on the World Wide Web as a free resource for students of the period.
- Representative Poetry Online
Includes 3,162 English poems by 500 poets from Caedmon, in the Old English period, to the work of living poets today.
- The Richard III Society Online Library
Full-text editions and extracts of fifteenth-through nineteenth-century sources on the Ricardian controversy; a hypertext edition of Shakespeare's play; essays on Richard III in history, drama, and literature, and resources for teaching. Arranged alphabetically by author .
- Romantic Circles
A refereed scholarly Website devoted to the study of Romantic-period literature and culture.
- Russian Literature Online.
- SCETI - Schoenberg Center for Electronic Text and Image
Virtual facsimiles of rare books and manuscripts in the University of Pennsylvania Library's collections.
- Skarbnica Literatury Polskiej (with e-texts in Polish)
- South Slavic Literature Library
Literature from all countries that until the 1990s constituted Yugoslavia.
- Swedish Imprints before 1700
Swedish publications prior to 1700, from the collection of the Swedish Royal Library.
- Traveling Female Writers
- University of Chicago EFTS (Electronic Full-Text Sources)
Material on art, philosophy, religion, literature. Includes also reference material with limited access to the full text.
- University of Virginia - Electronic Text Center (5,000 texts publicly accessible)
Covers mainly humanities and world literature. Access to full text is limited .
- Virtual library for Theatre and Drama
A collection of plays, arranged by author.
More than 30.000 books online, on a broad spectrum of subjects.
- WWW Database of Chinese Buddhist texts
A comprehensive list of Chinese Buddhist texts. It currently contains 4418 texts by 1513 authors/translators/compilers.
- Yale University Library - Electronic Text Center
Limited access to full text. Useful source for bibliographic data. Covers several subject areas.