The European Documentation Centre (EDC) at the University of Cyprus was established in 2012, aiming to provide information on issues related to the European Union.
It belongs to a network of 400 centers established by the European Commission since 1960 in universities and research centers.
Location & hours
The EDC operates as part of the UCY Library and is located on the ground floor (Learning Resource Centre – Library “Stelios Ioannou”, 1 Panepistimiou Avenue, 2109 Aglantzia, Nicosia). It is open to the members of the University community and the public during library hours.
Goals of EDC
- Free and effective access by the academic community and the general public to print and online information sources on issues related to the European Union, its legislation and institutions.
- Organization of lectures, seminars, conferences and meetings on EU issues.
- Close collaboration with other EDCs in Cyprus and abroad for better coordination and full coverage on European information.
What the EDC offers
- Access to online sources and printed publications with regard to the EU and its policies, such as: official publications, annual reports, periodicals, statistic and economic databases, bibliographies, manuals, leaflets, etc.
- Information about funding opportunities, European policies, programs, traveling, studying, employment and retirement in EU countries.
- Free distribution of material published by the Publications Office of the European Union.
- Electronic information sources
- Useful links
- Information and assistance services of the European Union for citizens
For more information please contact
Mikaella Charalambous, tel. 22895175