A user of the UCY Library is any individual who visits the premises in order to use its material and services, regardless whether these require demonstration of Library ID or not.
A member of the UCY Library is any individual holding a Library ID. The ID gives the right to check out books and other material. Members are divided into the following categories:
Members of the University of Cyprus community
- members of teaching and research staff, special teaching staff, visiting professors
- undergraduate students
- graduate students
- doctoral students
- degree equation students
- mobility program students (e.g. Erasmus)
- pre-service training program for candidates for secondary education teachers
- special academic collaborators
- administration staff
- Individuals not affiliated with the University of Cyprus
Individuals not affiliated with the University of Cyprus wishing to obtain a Library ID may submit an application. Once the application is approved by the Library Director, the user becomes an external member. External members pay annual subscription and may borrow books and other material to take home.
- University of Cyprus alumni
Alumni of the University of Cyprus wishing to remain Library members may submit an application upon graduation. Once they apply, UCy alumni become external members of the Library at no subscription charge for the first year following their graduation and 50% discount for the next two years. The cost for issuing the UCY/Library ID is €12,00.
- Students of Hellenic Open University (HOU)
Students of Hellenic Open University (HOU) may register, if they wish, as external members of the Library of the University of Cyprus at no subscription cost, provided that they present once a year proof of studying at HOU. However, they have to obtain a Library card by paying a one-off €12,00 fee.
For questions or more information you may contact:
Stavroula Pitta tel. 22892167, 22892020
- Students of other universities: Open University of Cyprus, Technological University of Cyprus, University of Nicosia, European University Cyprus, Frederick University and Neapolis University Paphos
Students of Open University of Cyprus, Technological University of Cyprus, and University of Nicosia, European University Cyprus, Frederick University and Neapolis University Paphos, may become Library members once they submit an application to the library of their own institution. If approved, they are given external membership and may borrow material from the UCY Library by showing their ID of their own library. This arrangement is the result of an agreement between the libraries of the University of Cyprus and the above universities. According to this agreement, UCY students may also become members of the other three participating libraries.